第22课:Carol and Susan’s wedding 卡萝和苏珊的婚礼
选自第2季第11集19:50-21:40
MONICA: Would you look at them?
你看看她们。
ROSS: Yeah, can't help but.
是啊,忍不住。
JOEY: How's that pig-in-the-blanket working out for you? I wrapped those bad boys.
那道猪肉卷好不好吃啊? 对,是在下做的耶。
PHOEBE: I miss Rose.
我想念罗丝。
pig-in-the-blanket在美国是一种面包包着小热狗的食物,样子看起来像小猪在毯子里。
blanket /'blæŋkɪt/ 毛毯 n.
look at看
你看那苹果多大!
2. It makes me homesick to look at it.
瞧着它使我想家。
can't help but不得不;忍不住
1. I can't help but think of yesterday.
我忍不住想起往日。
2. I can't help but ask how you managed to get home after your car was broken.
我不得不问你你在车坏了后是怎样设法回家的。
work out ……(进展得)怎么样
1. How’s the new job working out for you?
你的新工作进展得怎么样啊?
2. How’re your new shoes working out for you?
你的新鞋子怎么样啊?
CHANDLER: Oh, yeah?
是吗?
PHOEBE: I know it's kind of weird, but I mean, she was a big part of my life there, you know, and now I just feel kind of alone.
我知道这有点怪怪的,但我的意思是,她曾经是我生活重要的一部分,
我只是觉得现在有点孤单。
WOMAN: You know, I uh, I couldn't help but overhear what you just said, and I think it's time for you
to forget about Rose, move on with your life...how about we go get you a drink?
我听到你刚说的话,我想你也该把罗丝抛在脑后了继续你的生活,我们去拿杯饮料如何?
weird /wɪrd/怪诞的adj.
alone /ə'lon/ 单独的adj.
overhear /ˌovɚ'hɪr/ 无意中听到v.
drink/drɪŋk/饮料 n.
kind of 有点儿adv.
1. Sticking around here is kind of boring.
呆在这里有些无聊。
2. I love this cat. It’s kind of cute.
我喜欢这只猫,它有点可爱。
PHOEBE: Ok, that's so nice.
好的,那太好了。
CHANDLER: I shouldn't even bother coming up with a line, right?
我连搭讪的话都不用费心了,是不是?
RACHEL: Hey, Mom? Having fun?
妈,好玩吗?
bother /'bɑðɚ/ 烦扰 v.
come up with 提出;相出
1. Suddenly, he comes up with an idea.
突然,他想到一个点子。
2. You'd better come up with something fast.
你最好快点想出办法。
have fun玩得开心
1. Have fun at the party tonight.
在今晚的派对上玩得开心。
2. It's a great place to have fun!
那是狂欢的好地方!
MRS GREEN: Oh, am I? I just danced with a wonderfully large woman. And three other girls made
eyes at me over the buffet. Oh, I'm not saying it's something I wanna pursue, but it's
nice to know I have options.
才好玩呢,我刚才跟一个好高大的女人跳舞,另外有三个女孩在餐点那边对我眨眼睛,我不是说这是我所要追求的,但是知道有选择好令人欣慰。
RACHEL: There's more alcohol, right?
还有酒,对吧?
SUSAN: How you doing?
你好吗?
wonderfully /'wʌndɚfəli/ 精彩地;非常 adv.
large /lɑrdʒ/ 巨大的 adj.
buffet /bə'fe/ 自助餐 n.
pursue /pə'sʊ/ 追赶 v.
make eyes at 挤眉弄眼
Jed tried to make eyes at all the young women.
Jed试着对所有年轻的女性挤眉弄眼。
Mother, he's making eyes at me!
妈妈,他在对我眉目传情。
ROSS: Ok.
好。
SUSAN: You did a good thing today.
你今天做了件好事。
ROSS: Yeah.
好。
SUSAN: You wanna dance?
想跳舞吗?
ROSS: No, that's fine.
不,算了
SUSAN: Come on. I'll let you lead.
来嘛,我让你带舞。
ROSS: Ok.
好。

