第16课:cons about Rachel and Julie
瑞秋和朱莉的缺点
选自第2季第8集08:02-09:22
CHAN: Ok, all right, look. Let's get logical about this, ok? We'll make a list. Rachel and
Julie, pros and cons. Oh. We'll put their names in bold, with different fonts, and I can use different colors for each column.
我们用理性来分析,好吗?我们来列个单子,”瑞秋和朱莉,优缺点”,名字用不同字体的加粗,然后每一栏用不同的颜色来写。
ROSS: Can't we just use a pen?
用笔写不就好了吗?
column /'kɑləm/ 专栏,列
pro /pro/ 赞成的意见n.
con /kɑn/ 反对n.
make a list列个清单
1. I'm just making a list of people's birthdays.
我只是在记大家的生日。
2. I'm making a list of things for my trip.
我正在列旅行用品清单。
pros and cons正反两方面
1. I want you to consider all pros and cons.
我希望你考虑一下所有的正反两方面的理由。
2. I merely pointed out the pros and cons.
我只不过是指出了利弊。
in bold加粗地
1. I want this line of words to be in bold.
我想要这一行字是黑体的。
2. The core of this article is in bold text.
这篇文章的核心要要点显示为粗体文本。
CHAN: No, Amish boy.
不可以,原始人。
JOEY: Alright, let's start with the cons, 'cause they're more fun. Rachel first.
我们就先从缺点开始,那比较好玩一点,先列瑞秋。
ROSS: I don't know. I mean, all right, I guess you can say she's, she's a little spoiled sometimes.
我不知道,我是说…好吧,可以说她有时候有一点娇纵。
Amish /'ɑmɪʃ/ 阿米什人; 过着简朴而严格乡村生活的新教徒 n. (以拒绝汽车及电力等现代设 施,过着简朴的生活而闻名。)
spoil /spɔɪlt/ 被宠坏的 adj.
JOEY: You could say that.
可以这么说。
ROSS: And I guess, you know, sometimes, she's a little ditzy, you know. And I've seen her be a little too into her looks. Oh, and Julie and I, we have a lot in common 'cause we're both paleontologists, right? But Rachel's just a waitress.
有时候,她有点像傻大姐,我觉得她有点太注重她的外表,朱莉跟我们有很多共同点,因为我们都是古生物学家,但是瑞秋她只是个女侍。
ditzy /'dɪtsi/ 蠢的 adj.
paleontologist /ˌpelɪɑn'tɑlədʒɪst/ 古生物学者n.
be into喜欢;对……感兴趣
1. Are you into rock music?
你喜欢摇滚乐吗?
2. My sister is into sports all of a sudden and really wants to take tennis lessons.
我妹妹突然对运动很感兴趣,很想参加网球课。
in common共有的
1. What do they have in common?
那他们有什么共同点呢?
2. What do the two pictures have in common?
这两个图片之间有什么共同之处?。
CHAN: Waitress. Got it. You guys wanna play Doom? Or we could keep doing this. What else?
女侍,好了,你们要玩”毁灭战士”吗?我们也可以继续,还有呢?
ROSS: I don't know.
我不知道
JOEY: Oh, her ankles are a little chubby.
她的脚踝有一点胖。
doom /dʊm/ 注定 v.
ankle /'æŋkl/ 踝 n.
chubby /'tʃʌbi/ 圆胖的 adj.
got it明白了吗
对不对?你们明白了吗?
2. I got it. You said your piece.
我知道了 你表达了你的意见。
CHAN: Ok, let's do Julie. What's wrong with her?
换朱莉了,她有什么不好的?
ROSS: She's not Rachel.
她不是瑞秋。
be wrong with有点毛病
1. There might be something wrong with you. You should see a doctor.
你也许病了,应该去看医生。
2. I think there might be something wrong with the dress.
我觉得这衣服有点不对劲。

