第14课:Ross's painful
罗斯很痛苦
选自第2季第8集02:31-03:46
ROSS: Hi.
嗨。
PHOE: Hey, oh, so, um...how'd you make out last night?
对了,昨晚亲得怎么样了?
ROSS: That, that is funny. That is painfully funny. No, wait. Wait, yeah, that's just painful.
那真风趣,风趣得很痛苦,不,等等,对,只是痛苦而已。
painfully /'peinfəli/ 令人痛苦地adv.
make out辨认,亲热
1. I'm near-sighted, so I cannot make out who he is.
我近视,所以我认不出他是谁。
2. It's impolite to make out in public.
在公众场所亲热很不礼貌。
MNCA: Wait a minute. I thought last night was great.
等一下,我以为昨天晚上很棒耶。
ROSS: Yeah, it was, but...I get home, ok, and I see Julie's saline solution on my night table. And I'm thinking to myself, oh my god, what the hell am I doing? I mean, here I am, I am with Julie, this incredible, great woman, who I care about and who cares about me, and I'm like, what, am I just gonna throw all that away?
没错,是很棒,但是当我回到家,我看到朱莉的盐溶液放在我床边的桌上,我就想”老天啊,我到底在做什么呀?”我跟朱莉这么好的女人在一起,我们互相关怀,而我就那样抛弃一切吗?
incredible /ɪn'krɛdəbl/ 不能相信的adj.
wait a minute等一下
1. Wait a minute, please. Here's the cash.
请稍等,现金给您。
2. Wait a minute, I'll take my camera.
等一会儿,我去取我的照相机。
care about关心
1. She cares about people. She cares about her job.
她关心别人 她在乎她的工作
2. They care about no one but themselves.
他们只关心自己,不关心别人。
throw away扔掉
1. I never throw anything away.
我从来不扔任何东西。
2. Are you going to throw away that sandwich?
你打算扔掉这个三明治吗?
JOEY: You got all that from saline solution?
一瓶盐溶液可以讲那么多?
MNCA: We are talking about Rachel here. You and Rachel.
我们现在是在谈瑞秋,你跟瑞秋。
ROSS: Believe me, I've been dreaming about me and Rachel for ten years now. But now, I'm with Julie, so it's like me and Julie, me and Rachel, me and Julie, me and...Rachel. Rachel, Rachel.
我梦想我跟瑞秋一起想了十年了,但现在我跟朱丽在一起,就好像我跟朱莉,我跟瑞秋,我跟朱莉,我跟瑞秋…瑞秋?瑞秋。
talk about 谈论某事
1. Do you know what he's talking about?
你知道他在说啥吗?
2. They talk about the old days.
他们总是说起过去的时光。
dream about梦想
1. You dream about being a movie star.
你梦想成为电影明星。
2. I've always dreamed about a trip to that country.
我一直梦想着到那个国家旅行。
RACH: Hey, you.
好啊。
ROSS: How are you?
你好吗?
RACH: Good. How are you?
很好,你好吗?
ROSS: Good.
很好。
JULIE: Hi, honey.
亲爱的。
ROSS: Hi, Julie. Hi, Julie. Julie, um, how are you?
朱莉,你好,朱莉,你好,朱莉,你好吗?
JULIE: Good.
很好。
ROSS: Good, so everybody's here. Everybody's good. So, were you gonna play something, Phoebe?
大家都在,大家都很好,你不是要弹什么吗,菲此?
Phoebe: Well, actually......
实际上……
ROSS: Play it.
快弹。

