第13课:Chandler’s put on weight钱德长胖了
选自第2季第7集0:00-01:16
CHAN: OK, what is it about me? Do I not look fun enough? Is there something. . . repellent. . . about me?
我是哪里不对?我看起来不够有趣吗?我是有哪里讨人厌吗?
ROSS: So, how was the party?
派对好玩吗?
CHAN: Well it couldn't have been worse. A woman literally passed through me. OK,
so what is it, am I hideously unattractive?
太糟糕了,有个女人简直把握当空气了,我有那么不讨人喜欢吗?
repellent /ri'pɛlənt/ 排斥的adj.
worse/wɝs/更坏的adj.
literally/'lɪtərəli/简直adv.
unattractive/ˌʌnə'træktɪv/不吸引人的adj.
PHOE: No, you are not, you are very attractive. You know what, I go through the
exact same thing. Every time I put on a little weight, I start questioning
everything.
不,你非常讨人喜欢,我也有过相同的经历,每当我增加了一点点重量,
我就开始质疑一切了。
CHAN: Woah, woah, I've put on a little weight?
你说我变胖了?
go through遭受, 经历;检查
1. He's going through a tough spell now.
他现在正在经历一段艰难的时期。
2. I always start the day by going through my email.
我总是通过检查我的邮件来开启新的一天。
put on weight增加体重
1. I have put on weight during the last month.
上个月我的体重增加了。
2. She looks like she's put on weight.
她看起来已经长胖了。
PHOE: No, not wieght... you know, more like insulation.
不是,不是重量,说绝缘体比较恰当。
MNCA: Chandler, I'm unemployed and in dire need of a project. Ya wanna work out?
I can remake you.
钱德嘞,我正在失业迫切需要做点事情,你要不要运动?我可以重塑你
CHAN: Oh, you know, I would, but that might get in the way of my lying around time.
我很想,但那或许会妨碍我那些无所事事的时间
insulation /ˌɪnsə'leʃən/ 绝缘体n.
unemploy/,ʌnɪm'plɔɪ/ 解雇v.
dire/daɪr/ 可怕的adj.
work out锻炼
1. Working out will keep you young forever.
健身能让你永远年轻。
2. She works out at a gym twice a week.
她每周在健身房锻炼两次。
get in the way of 妨碍
1. Is this internship getting in the way of your schoolwork?
这份实习耽误了你的学业吗?
2. I can't let my feelings get in the way of that.
我不能因为个人感情影响工作。
MNCA: Please.
拜托啦。
ALL: Come on. Let her do it.
对啦,让她做一下嘛。
CHAN: Alright, OK, alright. But if we put on spandex and my boobs are bigger than
yours, I'm going home.
但我穿上紧身衣后,胸部比你大的话,我就不来了。
spandex /'spæn,dɛks/ 游泳衣n.
boob/bub/ [俚]女人的乳房n.
put on 穿上
1. I put on dark glasses as a disguise.
我戴上墨镜来装扮。
2. Don't forget to put on your jackets when you go out.
外出的时候不要忘了穿上夹克衫。
PHOE: Your boobs are fine. Look, I never should have said anything. Come here.
Come here. Oh, can't make.... hands... meet!
你的胸部不大,听着,我刚才不该乱说话的。过来,过来,双手都合不起来了!

