第8课:Eating out together一起外出吃饭
选自第2季第5集8:37-9:38
WAITER: Do I dare ask?
可以点菜了吗?
MONICA: Yes, I will start with the carpaccio, and then I'll have the grilled prawns.
好,我要先来一份生牛肉然后再来一份烤虾。
dare/dɛr/ 胆敢v.
carpaccio /kɑrˈpɑtʃo/ (配有调味汁的) 生牛肉片 n.
grill/ɡrɪl/ 烤v.
prawn/prɔn/ 明虾n.
start with从…开始
1. So, we're going to start with " food" .
好了,我们从" food" 开始学习吧。
2. The professor start the lecture with a story.
教授以一个故事开始了讲座。
ROSS: That sounds great. Same for me.
听起来不错,我也一样。
WAITER: And for the gentleman?
那这位先生呢?
JOEY: Yeah, I'll have the Thai chicken pizza. But, hey, look, if I get it without the nuts and leeks
and stuff, is it cheaper?
我要泰国鸡肉披萨,如果我的披萨少加干果,韭菜……会不会比较便宜啊?
WAITER: You'd think, wouldn't you? Miss?
你觉得可能吗?小姐呢?
RACHEL: Ok, I will have the uh, side salad.
好了,我想要点…伴碟沙拉。
side 是指 side dishes, 小菜,配菜,附餐的意思。side dishes可以是salad,也可以是炸土豆条等其它东西。side salad 就是作为配菜的沙拉,和平时吃的沙拉没区别,只是在饭店把它列为side dishes,所以叫side salad。
nut/nʌt/ 坚果n.
WAITER: And what will that be on the side of?
那要伴在什么菜旁边呢?
RACHEL: Uh, I don't know. Why don't you put it right here next to my water?
我不知道,你就帮我放在我的水旁边好了。
WAITER: And for you?
那你呢?
on the side of在…一边
1. The house is on the side of a hill.
这座房子在山的一边。
2. She sat on the side of the bed.
她坐在床的一边。
PHOEBE: Um, I'm gonna have a cup of the cucumber soup, and, um, take care.
我想我要来一碗黄瓜汤……走好。
CHANDLER: I will have the uh, Cajun catfish.
我要一份卡津鲶鱼。
WAITER: Anything else?
就这样吗?
cucumber/'kjʊ,kʌmbɚ/ 黄瓜n.
Cajun /ˈkedʒən/ 移居美国路易斯安纳州的法人后裔;卡津人的 n./ adj.
take care注意,照顾
1. You have to take care what to say.
你必须注意该说什么不该说什么。
2. Take care or you will slip on the ice.
小心点不然你会在冰上滑到的。
CHANDLER: Yes, how about a verse of Killing Me Softly. You're gonna sneeze on my fish, aren't you?
还有一首”情歌迷死人”怎么样?你会朝我的鱼打喷嚏对不对?
sneeze/sniz/ 打喷嚏v.

