第6课:Chandler’s being afraid钱德害怕了
选自第2季第3集11:06-12:49
JOEY: Have you been here all night?
你整晚都在这里?
CHANDLER: Look at this. Pictures of all the women that Heckles went out with. Look what he wrote on them. Vivian, too tall. Madge, big gums. Too loud, too smart, makes noise when she eats. This is, this is me. This is what I do. I'm gonna end up alone, just like he did.
看看这个。哈克交往过的女人照片。看看他在上面写的“薇薇安,太高大”,“玛姬,牙龈太多”。“太大声”“太聪明”“吃东西发出声音”,这就是我,这就是我的作法我会像他一样孤独终老。
gum/ɡʌm/n. 牙龈
loud/laʊd/adj. 响亮的
smart/smɑrt/adj.聪明的
go out with 出去和某人约会
1. Tom started going out with Sally a couple of months ago.
汤姆几个月前开始和萨利约会。
2. She's going out with a billionaire.
她要和一个亿万富翁约会。
JOEY: Chandler, Heckles was a nut case.
钱德勒,哈克是个神经病。
CHANDLER: Our trains are on the same track, ok? Yeah, sure, I'm coming up 30 years behind him, but the stops are all the same. Bitter Town. Aloneville. Hermit Junction.
我们的人生道路方向一样,好吗?是啊,当然,我比他晚了30年,但终点都是一样的。愁苦城,孤独镇,隐士村。
hermit/'hɝmɪt/n. 隐士
junction/'dʒʌŋkʃən/n. 交叉点
come up出现;发生;上升
1. The same problems come up every time.
同样的问题每次都出现。
2. It will be so great watching the sun come up.
看日出是很美妙的。
JOEY: You know what we gotta do? We gotta get you out of here. Come on, I'll buy you breakfast,
let's go.
好吧,你知道我们要做什么吗?我们得把你弄出去。来吧,我请你吃早
CHANDLER: What if I never find someone? Or even worse, what if I already found her, but I dumped her because she pronounces it "supposably"?
要是我一直找不到伴侣?或更糟的,我已经找到了…但我却因为她说“厚许”(或许)就甩了她?
dump/dʌmp/v.抛弃;与某人恋爱结束
suppose/sə'poz/v.假定
get ... out of使…出来
短语
get sb out of trouble 使某人摆脱困境 ;
get sb out of somewhere 让某人离开某地
get sb out of danger 使某人脱离危险
1. The mom tried really hard to get her kid out of bed.
妈妈很努力地尝试让她的孩子起床。
2. I can’t wait to get out of these wet clothes.
我等不及要脱下这些湿衣服。
JOEY: Chandler, come on, you're gonna find somebody.
钱德勒,好啦你会找到对象的.
CHANDLER: How do you know that? How?
你怎么知道?
JOEY: I don't know, I'm just trying to help you out.
我不知道我只是想帮你下台。
CHANDLER: You'll see, you guys are all gonna go off and get married, and I'm gonna end up alone. Will you promise me something? When you're married, will you invite me over for holidays?
你们将来都会结婚…我会孤独一人,你能不能答应我一件事?你结婚后过节时能不能请我去玩?
end up结束;告终
1. We all ended up falling asleep while watching the movie.
我们在看电影的时候以睡着告终。
2. If you don't know what you want, you might end up getting something you
don't want.
如果你不知道你想要什么,你可能最终会得到你不想要的东西。
JOEY: Well, I don't know. I don't know what we're gonna be doing. I mean, what if we're at her
folks' place?
嗯,我不知道。我不知道我们要做什么。我是说,要是我与妻子到我岳父母那里过节
呢?
CHANDLER: Yeah, I understand.
我明白。
folk/fok/ 亲属 n.
JOEY: You can come over and watch the Super Bowl. Every year, all right?
你可以过来看超级杯,每一年都来,怎么样?
CHANDLER: You know what? I'm not gonna end up like this. I'll see you man.
我不要像这样子的下场,待会见,兄弟
【超级碗(Super Bowl)是美国职业橄榄球大联盟(即美式足球)NFL的年度冠军赛,胜者被称为“世界冠军”。超级碗一般在每年1月最后一个或2月第一个星期天举行,那一天被称为超级碗星期天。超级碗多年来都是全美收视率最高的电视节目,并逐渐成为美国一个非官方的全国性节日。】
come over过来;顺便来访
1. There's someone coming over today.
今天有人会来。
2. Will you come over for the wedding?
您会来参加婚礼吗?

