第3课:Julie's Invitation 朱莉的邀请
选自第2季第2集 3:04-4:19
JULIE: I have this friend at Bloomingdales who's quitting tomorrow and he wants to abuse his
discount. So, anyone who wants to come with me and take advantage of it?
我有朋友在布明岱尔百货上班明天就不干了,他想要花掉他的折扣优待,谁想跟我去捡便宜?
PHOEBE: I can't, I have to take my grandmother to the vet.
我不行我要带我祖母去看兽医。
Bloomingdales /blumɪŋdelz/ 布鲁明黛百货公司n. (一家高档连锁百货公司)
quit /kwɪt/ 辞职 v.
abuse /ə'bjus/ 滥用 v.
discount /'dɪskaʊnt/ 折扣 n.
vet /vɛt/ 兽医 n.
take advantage of 利用……
1. Who says I'm taking advantage of them?
谁说我在利用他们?
2. You're a minor. Take advantage of it.
你是个未成年人,要好好利用这一点。
MONICA: Ok, um, I'll go with you.
我跟你去。
JULIE: Great.
太好了。
ROSS: (enters) Hi, honey.
嗨,亲爱的。
CHANDLER: Hey, sweetums.
嗨,亲爱的。
go with 伴随
1. Did you go with anyone?
你和别人一起去的吗?
2. She was reluctant to go with him.
她不愿意跟他去。
ROSS: Hello to the rest.
哈罗,各位。
ALL: Hi!
嗨!
JOEY: Monica, what're you doin'? You can't go shopping with her, What about Rachel?
莫妮卡,你在干嘛?你不能跟她,去逛百货瑞秋怎么办?
rest /rɛst/ 休息,剩下的 n./adj.
1. Jay stopped work and took a rest.
乔伊停止工作,休息了一会儿。
2. I want to spend the rest of my life with you.
我想要余生都跟你在一起。
What about ...如何
1. What about having dinner together?
一起吃晚餐如何?
2. How about him? Is he going with us?
那他呢?他要跟我们一起去吗?
MONICA: It's gonna be a problem, isn't it?
会有问题,对不对?
CHANDLER: Come on, you're going to Bloomingdales with Julie? That's like cheating on Rachel in her house of worship.
你要跟朱莉去布明岱尔?就像是到瑞秋家中偷汉子。
【That’s like cheating on Rachel in her house of worship 这里的小笑点是,瑞秋特别喜欢时尚,时尚和购物可是她的信仰;Monica要跟Julie去布鲁明黛百货商场购物不就等于最大限度的让Rachel难过嘛】
house of worship 教堂,礼拜堂
cheat on 对……不忠 v.
1. I'd found Phoebe was cheating on me and I was angry and hurt.
我发现Phoebe对我不忠,我很愤怒并且受到了伤害。
2. How dare you cheat on me!
你怎敢不忠于我!
MONICA: But I'm--
但是我……
PHOEBE: Monica, she will kill you. She will kill you like a dog in the street.
莫妮卡,她会宰了你。她会宰了你就像宰街上的流浪狗
kill /kɪl/ 杀害,致命的 v./adj.
street /strit/ 街道 n.
ROSS: So, uh, Jules tells me you guys are going shopping tomorrow?
朱莉说你们明天要去逛街?
MONICA: Yeah, uh, it's actually not that big a deal.
其实没有什么…
ROSS: It's a big deal to me. This is great, Monica. I really appreciate this.
对我很重要,非常重要,我非常感激你这么做。
appreciate/ə'priʃɪet/ 感谢 v.
big deal 重要的事或人 n.
1. I felt the pressure on me, winning was such a big deal for the whole family.
我感到了身上的压力,取胜对全家人是这么至关重要的事。
2. It's no big deal . Everybody forgets things sometimes.
没什么大不了的,每个人有时候都会忘记一些东西的。
MONICA: You're welcome.
别客气。
PHOEBE: Woof, woof.
汪汪,汪汪。
welcome /'wɛlkəm/ 受欢迎的 adj.
回复他人感谢的句子还有:
1. Don’t mention it. 不值一提。
2. My pleasure. 我的荣幸。
3. It was nothing. 没什么的。
4. Anytime. 随时说。

